Just like any other technology, your Actron air conditioner can sometimes malfunction. It can sometimes be due to issues that a technician will need to identify. But in most cases, all that’s required is a quick reset, and it will be working effectively again. If you are experiencing flashing lights or seeing error codes, the first thing to do is give it a quick reset to see if it fixes the problem. Read on with our step-by-step guide on how to reset your Actron air conditioner.
What Could Cause your Actron system to Malfunction?
Unfortunately, your Actron air conditioner is a sophisticated technology that can be prone to malfunction from time to time.
There are several reasons why this might happen:
1. There has been an electrical surge that has forced the unit into self-protection mode.
2. You might have programmed your setting either too hot or too cold. Or, if you have a multi-split system, you might have set one unit to cool and another to hot.
3. There might be some issues with airflow, like a blocked filter, and you need a regular maintenance call. (See our tips here on how to clean your filter).
4. Something is wrong with the unit itself. In these cases, a technician will need to come out and diagnose the issue.
How to Reset Your Actron Air Conditioner
The best first step is to reset the system.
- Locate the switch on your electrical isolator. The electrical isolator switch can be located next to the outdoor unit. Or, if you have an older system, it may be found in the electrical meter box.
- Please turn it off for at least 30 seconds.
- Switch it back on.
Try turning the system on again and wait 10 minutes to see if the issue resolves.
The System Still Not Working?
If your system is still not working, give us a call on (02) 8883 2377 or email us, and we will try troubleshooting over the phone. If we still can’t get the system working, we will send out a technician to look at your Actron air conditioner to ensure there aren’t any more severe issues happening with your system. You can find out more about our maintenance service here.