Getting a brand-new ducted air conditioner installed can be exciting. A ducted air conditioning system can improve the quality of your home life. Expect better air quality and a more comfortable controlled temperature. But if you have not been through a ducted air conditioning installation before, it may seem a little daunting. We have pulled together this handy list, so you know what to expect during your ducted air conditioning installation.
The Ducted Air Conditioning Installation Process
- Depending on the size of the installation, between 2-4 technicians will greet you. They will begin by unpacking all the equipment that is required for the install.
- Next step is to cut the hole in the ceiling for the return air grill. This is the largest hole our technicians will cut in your ceiling. It also serves as a way for the technicians to load all the equipment they need to install into the roof space.
- Once the technicians load everything into the ceiling, they will hang the indoor fan coil unit in the ceiling. They will then run the copper to the outdoor unit location.
- Once our technicians run the copper outside, two things will happen in conjunction. Firstly, one team will stay in the ceiling to lay out all the ducting in the ceiling. The ducting will be feeding air into each room, so the layout needs to be perfect.
Meanwhile, a second team will be working on connecting the outdoor unit to the copper piping. The technicians take care to place the outdoor unit on a solid foundation. They will also be clearing the ground and laying down a concrete slab if required.
- The grills are then installed in each ceiling, and the wall controller is connected and put in place. This will require more holes cut in the ceiling and the walls. The team are careful to cut the right size, in the right location.
When the work in the roof space is completed, the technicians install the return air box and grill a which covers the large hole that was cut in the beginning.
- We then commission the unit. This is the last test to ensure that everything is installed correctly. We triple check the installation, check the piping, and do a test run to make sure everything is working.
- And now your system is up and running! We will give you a walkthrough of the system and how to use it. We will then handover your manuals and warranty and answer any questions you may have. Before we leave, we will remove all the rubbish from the installation and make sure we leave the place neat and tidy.
Depending on the size of the installation, this can take anywhere between 1-2 days. Our team will talk you through the process before they start and make sure you are clear on everything that is going to take place. At the end, you will have a great working ducted air system that will keep you and your family comfortable all year round.